The Doctor is In!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People can write in and ask me any question they want and I'll respond to them.

2 posters

Marriage- Permanant or Not?

cladius

Marriage- Permanant or Not? Empty Marriage- Permanant or Not?

Post  cladius Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:50 am

Hi.Does Christ and the bible hold to a permanence view of marriage or are there loop holes for divorce and re-marry?

Below is a teaching that promote the permance view of marriage. Is the teacher , Dr. Voddie lined up with scriptures?

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=11309913170
    http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=11309913170

Clad T
    birks10

Marriage- Permanant or Not? Empty Re: Marriage- Permanant or Not?

Post  birks10 Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:39 pm

Hey clad...

I didn't take a look at the video links yet, but I will comment briefly on the question. First, I really recommend that you listen to my series called "Marriage, Divorce and Remarriage." It's on our website but i do not believe its a free download at this point. I go into great detail on this question there, researching all the relevant Old and New Testament passages concerning this subject. Second, yes, marriages are "designed" by God to be permanent. However, the permanent marriage relationship requires that we follow God in this leading and wait on him to bring his choice of his Adam to Eve, Ruth to Boaz, Isaac to Rebekah, etc. What "God joins together" is the two people he has designed to be together. He does not "join" all married couples together. They rebel against him and marry the wrong person. It is those whom he joins. A lot of folks, Christian and non -Christian, are married "willfully" and not by his design. Hence, the problems. Now, men and women sin against each other. The scriptures do provide specific instructions for a person who is in a covenant breaking relationship of marriage. The short answer is that yes, divorce is not only provided for, but in some cases, it is to be obeyed. If in these certain cases where the scriptures apply to that circumstance, a resultant breaking of the marriage covenant results in the innocent party as being in a state of not being "bound" to the other partner. In which case, they are free to remarry, but only "in the Lord." I really do recommended the series on Marriage Divorce and Remarriage. People who assemble passages in order to teach a no divorce, no remarriage teaching , are really not honestly dealing (without prejudice) with all that the bible has to say on this subject. People like "laws" where no thinking and hard work is required and this is why there are teachings like this permanence view (which I am familiar with)....

Dr. B...
    cladius

Marriage- Permanant or Not? Empty Marriage-Permanant or Not

Post  cladius Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:10 pm

Thanks Dr. Birks.. I was already on my way to ordering that series because I was going through the store and all the stuff you didnt put online.. I had called the office but I believe it was late.. I just saw that I will need to send a check or money order.

thank you,

Clad
    birks10

Post  birks10 Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:44 pm

Thx, Clad... It will be very helpful to the current debate, i believe. Here's my cell: 303-549-7338. Are you the 817 area code?

Dr.B...
    cladius

Marriage- Permanant or Not? Empty Marriage-Permanent or Not?

Post  cladius Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:26 pm

Thank you. Yes, im the "817" #.
    What you said earlier just hit me and was a good reminder that we are suppose to be lead by the Holy Spirit through the Word..You, said "People like "laws" where no thinking and hard work is required and this is why there are teachings like this permanence view (which I am familiar with)....
    birks10

Post  birks10 Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:46 pm

Clad....You got that right, bro. People (Christians) do like "laws." It's easier to just walk in the flesh, and most Christians are taught to do precisely that, than it is to live spiritually. Learning to not just do what the word says, but to learn to be sensitive to the leading and inner witness of the Holy Spirit. It's not "gnostic", like our many fleshly detractors like to lay on us. "Give me the black and white of it!" "Tell me what i can and can't do, so I can go about struggling against my flesh and never be able to do what my inner man as a new creation in Christ, is informing and leading me in." It's not easy walking in the Holy Spirit according to the presence of Christ since AD 70. But!! Once you start doing it, it IS the normal way of living Christianity.This is precisely what the NT teaches. It's lazy (c)hristianity to not be this way. And everyone then wonders why we have a godless flesh peddler in the White House and another godless blasphemer (Romney) gaining all the "christian" votes to take his place. Infuriating. Most of this direction away from walking in the Spirit, comes from the "orthodox" you know....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:57 pm