The Doctor is In!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People can write in and ask me any question they want and I'll respond to them.

2 posters

2 demoniac s

cladius

2 demoniac s Empty 2 demoniac s

Post  cladius Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:09 pm

Matt 8:28-29(YLT)- 28-And he having come to the other side, to the region of the Gergesenes, there met him two demoniacs, coming forth out of the tombs, very fierce, so that no one was able to pass over by that way, 29-and lo, they cried out, saying, `What -- to us and to thee, Jesus, Son of God? didst thou come hither, before the time, to afflict us?'

Sir. In one of your teachings, so many but don't remember which one but you said since AD70 event the devil and his angels as been in the lake of fire but that demons (might?)are still around which might explain the supernatural and evil activities that people are reporting of and experiencing.

Question: What "time" were the two demoniac s talking about? And are they part of the spirits that are now in the lake of fire or the ones still allowed by our Father and Lord to stay around?

Question: If not them, what scriptural examples are there that might explain the kind of spiritual entity that's the cause of today's bad/evil supernatural activities? If there is no scriptural example, I am willing to accept it and just trust God and the Word.

Thank you,
    Clad T
    birks10

2 demoniac s Empty Re: 2 demoniac s

Post  birks10 Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:14 pm

Clad,

Question: What "time" were the two demoniac s talking about?

Me.... first, its important to remember that the demons, like their boss (Satan), are liars and the truth is not in them (Jhn. 8:44). Note how Christ does not ever engage demons in a question and answer session, except for this one time where he asks for their name (Legion- who knows how true that was either).

And are they part of the spirits that are now in the lake of fire or the ones still allowed by our Father and Lord to stay around?

Me... the bible does not give us enough info as which category of evil spirits these Gaderean demons were of. My position is that demons are not "fallen angels" as there are scriptures that state that these fallen angels would be kept in pits of darkness awaiting the judgment of the great day - 2 Pt. 2:4, Jd. 6.... exactly "who" the demons are is anther story. I have a current working hypothesis that they are the disembodied spirits of the Nephilim of Gen. 6, who were killed in the flood and their spirits were then released from their bodies and that they may in fact be the demons.

Question: If not them, what scriptural examples are there that might explain the kind of spiritual entity that's the cause of today's bad/evil supernatural activities? If there is no scriptural example, I am willing to accept it and just trust God and the Word.

Me... I'm leaning hard on my above hypothesis.

Dr. B...
    cladius

2 demoniac s Empty 2 demoniac s

Post  cladius Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:39 pm

Dr B. I almost forgot but you are right about the demons and their boss. No truth in them. The Nephilim were the spirits of humans, right? There are different kinds of teaching on that. When are you going to teach on Nephillim? Actually, I believe you taught on Gen 6 on 03/08/09 title "Who Were The Sons of God." Nephilim is just another name for disembodied spirits of men in Gen 6, correct?
    birks10

Post  birks10 Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:29 pm

Clad,
    Yes, when i taught that Genesis series, i then was taking the position that the Sons of god were the godly line of Seth (a common position amongst scholarly commentators). Since then, i have been studying further, and am coming to the conclusion that since Angels in the bible are referred to as "sons of God" ((Job. 1:1, 2:1, 38:7), and this coupled with the fact that in Gen. 6, these "sons of God" (fallen angles? entering into the bodies of men?) have illicit union with the daugters of MEN, with the result being that they produced the Nephilim (Nephal in Heb. means "fallen", so, "fallen ones" pl.), so that God responds to this fact in Gen. 6:3-7, saying that this wickedness among men (since the Nephilim were born) is great upon the earth, etc, which then brings about the Noahic flood, destroying all life except the 8 on board the ark. Therefore, it is a possibility that with these Nephelim killed in the flood, their evil spirits are released and possibly become the demons of the bible. In Num. 13, the Israelites when first encountering the inhabitants of the promised land, say that they were nephilim, which was a common lexical word for simply "giants". These nephilim are not to be confused with the "fallen ones" that were killed in the flood. I'm not 100% about this position, but i'm continuing to research it.

Dr. B...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:04 pm