The Doctor is In!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People can write in and ask me any question they want and I'll respond to them.

2 posters

The Doctor Is In-- Ready to Begin?

birks10

The Doctor Is In-- Ready to Begin? Empty The Doctor Is In-- Ready to Begin?

Post  birks10 Fri May 15, 2009 12:20 pm

This is Dr. B...
    Welcome to our forum. Allow me to invite to ask questions, make comments, raise issues on the nature of eschatology, Preterism, or any biblical subject that you have in mind.

How can I help?

Dr. B...
    sinless

The Doctor Is In-- Ready to Begin? Empty Re: The Doctor Is In-- Ready to Begin?

Post  sinless Sun May 31, 2009 4:08 pm

I heard you briefly for the first time on Memorial Day on KCRO radio.

I just now went to their web page and found your id, web sites, etc..

I am an infant of sorts, not much acquainted with preterism of any type.

In searching for info about you, I also saw an anti-preterism blog, so human-naturally went there first. My brief experience there was disappointing. The primary writer there wrote, "I don't know of any texts that say that Jesus came back at the destruction of the temple. And this is what is needed to support Preterist interpretation."

You did not respond to that. I would initially suppose that if there was a clear response, you would have provided it, and it would have kept the other writer from ever writing or saying the same ever again.

As I begin ..., is there a clear statement in the Bible that Jesus returned at the destruction of the temple? If so, could you please provide "book(s)", chapter(s) and verse(s)?

Thanks.
    sinless

Post  sinless Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:04 pm

I have no connection whatsoever with the author of http://www.thedisciplewhomjesusloved.com/Bible_study_disciple_Jesus_loved/

I like what it says, though, and wonder if you could give me your opinion.

I found it when I was in a men's study, and the leadership was practically trying to create a new Law about how important human friends are.

I raised my hand and said, "I want to be like Jesus, and I don't think he needed human friends as badly as you indicate."

The response was, "John."

So I started looking -- and found that John was really Lazarus. It at least gives more meaning to the friendship between Jesus and Lazarus than friendship for no explicible reason.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content