The Doctor is In!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People can write in and ask me any question they want and I'll respond to them.

2 posters

Dan 2:43-"seed"

cladius

Dan 2:43-"seed" Empty Dan 2:43-"seed"

Post  cladius Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:36 am

Hello Dr. Birks can you please give some light on this verse. Some one asked me a question about Dan 2:43. They were trying to connect it with Matt 24 and Gen 6. Dan 2:43 mentioned the word "seed" and I think they are trying to connect it with the sons of god in Gen 6. Also, they think Gen 6 is going to happen again.

Thank You,

Cladius T
    birks10

Dan 2:43-"seed" Empty Re: Dan 2:43-"seed"

Post  birks10 Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:36 pm

Hi Clad.... Looks like you and i are the only ones here on this site! Ha, haa!.... Dan. 2:43 and the phrase, "Seed of men." (NASV): The whole vision of Nebuchadnezzar, that Daniel was interpreting, has to do with the nations that have been and would be over the nation of Israel during their history up until AD 70. (This "is" the times of the gentiles of Lk. 21:24). Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece and Rome. V. 43 is speaking of the Roman Empire. The idea here in these 4 types of metals that the statue is made out of, is representing a decrease in value. Gold decreases to Sliver, silver to Brass, brass to Iron. While the metal (nation) gets stronger, the leadership relative to purity, becomes less. We move from an absolute monarch and despot (Nebuchadnezzar) to the syncratistic "republic" of Rome. "Mingling with the seed of men", has to do with the rulership becoming less autocratic. Sort of like, "rule by the people" (sound familiar?) :>) The phrase in this context (context is king), has nothing whatsoever to do with Gen. 6.
    cladius

Dan 2:43-"seed" Empty Adamic Nature

Post  cladius Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:33 pm

Hello pastor Kelly. Yea, just two of us sharing. But it seems people are ready though. Thank You. Your recent teaching on the Adamic nature and the flesh is great. It was not difficult for me to receive or understand. I have always believed that I do not have the Adamic nature. I am a new creature. Paul said, WE need to put on the new man. Its the law of sin that is still around. Its freeing. I don't have to sin. In 2003 when I renewed my walk with the Lord or I was actually born again, I heard a pastor say that he doesn't sin everyday and we don't have to sin everyday. It got me excited and it made me dig into the word more and I found out that he was right. I don't have to sin everyday, and I am not a sinner. I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. What is so hard about that? When I recieved that, the Lord started confirming and working through me & empowering and giving me faith through the Word to sin less. You are absolutely correct about your statement that in order to mature in Christ and be in a place where you don't sin everyday, we have to be washed continuously, daily with the Word. It actually helps when you are filled with Gods word and having it RICHLY dwell in you and as it comes out through reading & listening to the Word, through songs, psalms, speaking, praying and having melodies in your heart to the Lord Smile God's Word is truly spirit and life.
    birks10

Post  birks10 Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:44 pm

Hi Clad... So glad to hear that you have listened to the teachings on The Adamic Fallen Nature. Yes, it is simple to receive. I think most pastors are either unaware of it or they don't like it because they see "The Principle (law) of Sin" in Rom. 7:23, as just another way of saying "sin nature." The commentaries are virtually silent on the matter as seeing it as something other than the Adamic Fallen Nature. I think there's probably more to discover in the biblical text on the issue, so i'm still keeping my eyes pen. But yes, a regenerate, new creation in Christ with His imputed righteousness- Christian, is not any obligation of control to sin every day. If sin is defined by scripture (and it better be), then no, I certainly do not sin every day. But when I do, I 1 john 1:9 it, immediately.

Dr. B...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 1:01 am